Core pool event/Safety Code Green
- The event will be timed from the "GO" signal until the competitor has completed the cross country running course of approximately 1 km (0.6 miles).
- At the "GO" signal the competitor will throw an axe at a target from a distance of 3 metres. He/she will not start running the course until the axe has stuck in the target once. Upon hitting the target, the competitor will place their axe in a pre-determined axe holding area.
- At the halfway point of the running course, each competitor will make three (3) cuts of a 20cms x 20cms (8 x 8 inches) cant with a swede saw.
- Upon completing the running course competitors are required to retrieve their axe and throw the axe at the target at the beginning/end of the course.
- Time will stop when they have once again stuck the axe in the target.
- Competitors do not run with axes on the course and swede saws must remain at the sawing portion of the course.
- Safety rules apply to each section/component of the Triathlon.
- Competitors starting prior to GO, shall be disqualified.