- Snowshoes must be supplied by the competitor and must conform to the following regulations*:
- a minimum of 29.6 cms. (8 inches) wide
- a minimum of 80 cms. (31 1/2inches) long
- Competitors will be required to run a pre-determined course of approximately 2 kms. (1 1/5 miles) in the shortest time possible.
- Competitors will given signals to start at five minute intervals.
- Snowshoes may not be removed at any time during the race. In the event of a snowshoe coming off, it must be replaced immediately and be in place when crossing the finish line.
- Only judges and competitors will be allowed on the course.
- Scoring will be based on the time taken to complete the entire course and will be a percentage of the fastest time.
*Note: No extra blocks may be added to make the snowshoes conform to specifications.