Event: Single Buck
Core Singles Event
Safety Code Green
Note: Competitors participating in the Axe Throw, Chain Saw, Pole Climb, Super Swede or Water Boil are not eligible for this event.
- Corral must be a safe distance from the spectators and only competing athletes, event judge and timer are permitted inside.
- Logs must be securely fastened. Body weight must be on the stanchion frame only.
- A competitor must cut through a round log in the shortest time possible using a crosscut saw. If the cookie breaks, the competitor must continue to complete the cut (the cookie does not need to be in tact).
- Competitors have a five (5) minute set up for the event or a DQ will result.
- The wood diameter should be between 35-40cm (14-16in) for women and 40-45cm (16-18in) for men and be bark free.
- The wood is to be white pine or poplar. It is the responsibility of the host to provide enough wood that each competitor will be able to make a cut into knot free wood. Teams are responsible for checking the block before setting their saws. Trims will be made at the discretion of the Head Judge. Once approved by the Head Judge, the saw should be set within 2 inches of the end of the block and the starter cut made.
- The saw horse height to the bottom of the cant must be between 45cm (18in) and =/-2.5cm (=/-1in).
- A starting cut of 12” circumference shall be allowed.
- Competitors must keep both hands on the saw handles at all times or a disqualification will result. Allowance will be given, in the event that the hand has simply slipped off/ lost grip, and is quickly place back on the handle.
- The blade must be on top of the log prior to the start of the event and must not move prior to the starting signal.
- The starting signal is: Timers ready, Competitors ready, 3-2-1-GO.
- Starting prior to GO will result in a ten (10) second penalty.
- One (1) team member will be allowed to wedge a cookie while the competitor is sawing.
- Competitors are not permitted to touch the discs until the judge makes their decision.
- Time will stop when the disc is cut from the log.
- Conversion factors will be in effect.
- The event has a five (5) minute time limit or it will be recorded as a DQ.